A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
Must have high school diploma or GED required. Experience in Schitsu’umsh (Coeur d’Alene) customs and culture. Responsible for generating daily lesson plans and ordering the daily art supplies. Must have experience working with individuals from varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Must be proficient in working with computers, and other technical equipment, AV, etc. Must have or be able to obtain a Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR certification (training provided).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with organizing and implements the program’s activities and events for all ages.
- Leads, instructs and conducts a variety of activities ranging from arts & crafts.
- Responsible for, assures, monitors and provides for the safety and welfare of the children.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, and disciplinary actions to the Youth Programs Supervisor.
- Instructs pupils in art, such as painting, sketching, designing, and sculpturing: Prepares lesson plans and establishes course goals.
- Responsible for ordering all art supplies for youth.
- Works closely with the Youth Programs Supervisor assists with programming.
- Stays within budget and grant parameters of the program unless variance authorized
- Makes recommendations for equipment, supplies and maintenance needs of the program.
- Attends required staff meetings and serves on assigned committees and prepares reports as requested.
- Responds in a timely manner to assignments and communicates with Manager when timelines cannot be met.
- Works as a team member of the Rock N’ the Rez summer program.
- Observes and evaluates pupils’ work to determine student progress or to make suggestions for improvement.
- May specialize in teaching one or more areas of art, such as illustration, art history, or commercial art.
- Ensures programs and activities are culturally appropriate and that all children and participants are treated with respect and dignity and is in compliance with all Marimn Health policies and procedures.
- Willing to cross-train and fill-in where needed and appropriate during the Rock N’ the Rez summer program.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned.