A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High school diploma or GED required. The position requires flexibility in working hours (including weekends) and a willingness to carry out all needed housekeeping duties in a consistent and ongoing manner. A minimum of 120 days prior housekeeping work experience in a facility requiring sanitizing and knowledge of basic infection control practices is required. Healthcare related housekeeping a plus. A valid driver’s license required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an established housekeeping routine as outlined in the Facility Department Manual, and as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor, involving the following tasks: sweeping, vacuuming, scrubbing, mopping, polishing, waxing, disinfecting, dusting, glass cleaning and otherwise cleaning floors, toilets, sinks, showers, walls, exam tables, furniture, equipment, counter tops, windows, interior surfaces, window cleaning, trash/recycling/bio-hazard removal, refuse disposal, etc.
- Performs sections of “detailed cleaning” such as wiping ceiling vents, high/low dusting, edge vacuuming, and base board cleaning.
- Responsible for the proper use of cleaning techniques and chemical usage; cleaning duties include wood floor, linoleum, and carpet upkeep.
- Keeps paper and chemical supplies stocked and stored in closets neat and organized. Keeps housekeeping cart clean and stocked.
- Performs basic equipment care, checks for wear and damage on assigned equipment.
- Minor maintenance and other work order tasks as assigned.
- Performs, assists with event/meeting room setup and cleanup.
- Assists with work order assignments, minor maintenance, grounds keeping, including sweeping & hosing down sidewalks and parking lots, watering, mowing, pruning, spraying, and snow removal as required.
- Assists with freight/material, shipping/receiving/distribution.
- Enter and disarm unoccupied buildings, as well as secure and arm buildings.
- Performs administrative functions such as preventive maintenance checks, inventory, and other tasks outlined in the facility department manual and assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|