Training and certification in medical laboratory science required. Knowledge of current professional standards and trends in lab practice required. Training equivalent to an associate degree (or military lab specialist course) and certification equivalent to MLT (ASCP) required. Bachelors of Science and MT Certification preferred. Must meet CLIA standards (Laboratory testing personnel for a moderate complexity lab.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general laboratory services to Indian and non-Indian patients with consultation to the medical clinic staff.
- Responsible for carrying out a diagnostic testing program providing microbiology, hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology and/or parasitology services.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products.
- Performs preventive maintenance program on all instruments.
- Ensures that policies and procedures as well as safety practices are effectively followed.
- Able to carry out all Quality Improvement (QI) activities with a minimum of supervision.
- Perform all preventative maintenance on all instruments in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.Perform all Quality Control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products at appropriate intervals and according to lab protocol.
- Maintains proficiency in all aspects of laboratory testing done on-site.
- Shows proficiency in documenting all QC procedures, preventative maintenance and corrective actions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the calibration of all appropriate equipment in the lab.
- Performs all proficiency testing in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Properly document in the electronic medical record all lab procedures, telephone calls, patient education, etc. that was performed during the patient visit
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|