This is a non-exempt (temporary) employee serving Indian and non-Indian youth/parents. Responsible for ordering, storage, preparation, cooking and serving of food for all youth attendees according to menus and specific modified diets; and for a clean sanitary kitchen and equipment. Must have experience working with individuals from varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Must have or be able to obtain Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR certification, and Food Handler’s Certificate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with organizing, ordering, and preparing all menus required for the whole camp.
- Responsible for determining the production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, and disciplinary actions to the Youth Programs Manager.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Makes recommendations for equipment, supplies and maintenance needs of the program.
- Attends required staff meetings and serves on assigned committees and prepares reports as requested.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff
- Responds in a timely manner in order to prepare all meals on time.
- Works as a team member of the Rock N’ the Rez summer program.
- Ensures programs and activities are culturally appropriate and that all children and participants are treated with respect and dignity and is in compliance with all Marimn Health policies and procedures.
- Willing to cross-train and fill-in where needed and appropriate during the Rock N’ the Rez summer program.
- Performs all duties that may be necessary in the best interest of the organization.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.