This is a non-exempt (temporary) employee serving Indian and non-Indian youth/parents. High school diploma or GED required. Experience preparing healthy food and working with youth. Must have experience working in a kitchen, preparing, cooking, cleaning, meal planning, and washing dishes. Responsible for helping the Head Cook prepare all meals and snacks for the youth attendees. Must have or be able to attain a food handler’s card if hired. Must have or be able to obtain a Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR certification (training provided).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with organizing and implements of healthy meals and snacks for the program’s activities and events for all ages.
- Responsible for, assures, monitors and provides for the safety and welfare of the children.
- Directly supervises the youth staff & reports all accidents, incidents, and disciplinary actions to the Head Cook or Youth Programs Manager.
- Assist with food preparation for all field trips and logistics for all events and activities.
- Works closely with the Head Cook to assist with meal preparation. Stays within budget and grant parameters of the program unless variance authorized.
- Makes recommendations for equipment, supplies and maintenance needs of the program. Attends required staff meetings and serves on assigned committees and prepares reports as requested. Responsible for assisting Camp Leaders and Youth Programs Manager in the supervision of Youth Leaders.
- Responds in a timely manner to assignments and communicates with Manager when timelines cannot be met.
- Works as a team member of the Rock’N the Rez summer program.
- Ensures programs and activities are culturally appropriate and that all children and participants are treated with respect and dignity and is in compliance with all Marimn Health policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours that include nights and weekends.
- Willing to cross-train and fill-in where needed and appropriate during the Rock’N the Rez summer program.
- Performs all duties that may be necessary in the best interest of the organization.