A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High School Diploma or GED/Equivalency required. Must have completed a Patient transferring course or equivalent level healthcare training with no restrictions, or be able to complete course within 6 months of hire; must have current American Red Cross First-Aid card and Basic Life Support (CPR) certification or obtain within 3 months of employment. Must complete defensive driving course within 3 months of employment. Must demonstrate strong skills with written communication including use of Word and Excel. Proper and professional telephone etiquette is required. Demonstrated success in providing exceptional customer service required. Experience with spreadsheets, database management and familiarity with Medical Terminology preferred; must possess valid driver’s license and violation free driving record for the past three years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Community Health Nurse in providing outreach services to both Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
- Coordinates transportation services for patients who are eligible according to Marimn Health transportation policy.
- Assists in conducting and coordinating patient education, seminars, community workshops, and health fairs as assigned.
- Assists patients in scheduling clinic appointments and follow-up services.
- Makes home visits, school consultation, and other inter-agency contacts on behalf of the patient.
- Provides referral and assistance services according to patient need or assignment.
- Maintains timely and accurate record keeping according to program policy and accounts for all daily activities.
- Assists the Community Health Registered Nurse (RN) in providing health monitoring and health education services in the home.
- Physically able and willing to assist elderly clients with ambulation, including loading and unloading of wheel/chair bound patients.
- Able to navigate safely in urban traffic and locate referral facilities.
- Transportation of clients to medically related appointments on a scheduled basis per transportation policy.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle assuring proper working order.
- Operation of the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner with regard to traffic safety regulations and comfort of passengers.
- Maintains inventory of vehicle supplies and equipment.
- Advises supervisor of road hazards and inclement weather conditions for consideration of temporary cancellation of transportation services.
- Completes and maintains required records, reports and reimbursement billings.
- Ensures servicing of vehicles is completed when required.
- Able to provide secretarial support and receptionist duties Community Health.
- Performs typing, filing, answering telephone, composes routine correspondence, and operates office equipment.
- Maintains general files as needed.
- Utilizes scheduled break and meal times, coordinated within the assigned department, to complete non-work related obligations – including personal phone calls, etc. when possible.
- Uses phone for patient services. Limits personal phone calls.
- Utilizes the communication log to ensure projects receive appropriate follow up.
- Provides client/patient reminder calls prior to appointment of upcoming appointment to minimize the no show rate. This will include reminder calls for the Medical Clinic made during transport down time
- Schedules, receives and directs clients and visitors to the appropriate areas representing department in a positive manner.
- Attend job related training and staff meetings as assigned.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of the organization.
|Job Category||Full Time|