A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High school diploma or GED required. A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with youth recreation, education or related field required. Knowledge of sports rules and regulations and/or training required. Previous experience in program leadership or staff/volunteer coordination desired. Proficiency with website design/maintenance, computers, software applications such as Microsoft Office and other technical equipment (AV, etc) desired. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights and weekends. Must have Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR certification, willing to obtain Lifeguard or Basic Water Safety certification and be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently promote a positive, professional image of Marimn Health Wellness Center at all times, and provide consistent high-quality customer service to all patrons.
- Assist with every aspect of the Sports and Recreation Program administration and operation, including developing, organizing, coordinating and managing adult and youth sport leagues, camps, and special events or activities.
- Assist with and communicate: coordinating use of the gym by outside agencies, planning and executing special events.
- Work with staff to manage and schedule the programming of the Youth Program in conjunction with other events and activities.
- Assist with scheduling of volunteers and referees. Includes correction of work deficiencies, issuing corrective actions, and recommending disciplinary action to the S Supervisor.
- Assist with sports and recreation related duties, referees, and coaches performing sports activities as necessary to ensure effective and safe operations.
- Consistently demonstrate positive, effective communication skills and interactions with co-workers,
- members, volunteers, other agencies and organizations.
- Work and direct others to work, in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of, and comply with company policies and procedures, including the rules, policies and procedures contained in the Wellness Center Member Handbook, and consistently and appropriately enforce them.
- Works closely with the Youth Program Supervisor and assists with programming, community awareness, marketing, and community relations.
- Makes recommendations and secures purchase orders for equipment, supplies and maintenance needs of the program.
- Responsible for chaperoning at Youth events and activities.
- Works as a team member of the Wellness Center.
- Assist with organizing all the leagues and camps including game and practice schedules. Plans and organizes end of season awards banquet with each sport.
- Assist with implementing and attends games and practices. Assists coaches with practice management and game management.
- Collaborates with schools and other organizations.
- Responsible for all communications with participants, coaches, volunteers. Assist with community awareness and marketing of the program.
- Has a positive and appropriate relationship with youth, parents and program staff.
- Participates in ongoing education toward applicable and additional certifications.
- Maintains current certifications, updating when necessary and before expiration date(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Fill In (On-Call)|