An exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
Must hold or be eligible for Idaho licensures that meets or exceeds current billable provider standards. (LM/CSW, LPC, LCPC, MFT) Additional SUD certifications preferred. Minimum of six (6) months professional work or academic preparation for working with children and families required. Child centered play therapy experience preferred. Prior experience working in a tribal setting preferred. Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability as well as a three-year motor vehicle report required. Background check required. Licensure must be eligible for reimbursement from private insurance and Medicaid/Medicare.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Provides individual, family and group counseling to assigned clients during assigned times in authorized settings. Reviews the effectiveness of participation within sessions and recommends revisions to date, time, location, etc. to supervisor.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of compliance related to HIPAA, confidentiality and patient rights.
- Utilizes departmental and organizational approved protocols and procedures for completing appropriate referrals to psychiatric consultants, outside providers and/or inpatient programs.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of ethical and professional guidelines as described by profession and Marimn Health.
- Demonstrates success and positive outcomes as a result of therapeutic outcomes through appropriate utilization of documentation related to care extended.
- Conducts SUD Intake Assessments per Marimn standards and protocol and in accordance with state certified Intensive Outpatient setting expectations.
- Maintains knowledge and ability to accurately complete assessments utilizing Marimn Health’s standard assessment tool within authorized timeframe as outlined in departmental policy.
- Maintains knowledge in evidence based programs and demonstrates ability to maintain fidelity of a program as facilitator or co-facilitator of Marimn Health authorized group sessions.
- Assists in the identification of resources to provide transportation to clients in need of assistance and maintains knowledge and compliance with transporting guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains client caseload as assigned and maintains appropriate client records regarding each client.
- Completes documentation related to encounter in a professional and timely manner and completes charting within departmental policy and procedure.
- Appropriate documentation includes: individualize client treatment plans, progress notes and discharge summaries completed within departmental policy.
- Delivers psychotherapy services to children in school and office settings.
- Actively participates in clinical supervision with Marimn Health Clinical Staff and Consulting Physician(s) by: progressing towards individual plans; staffing cases appropriately and compliance with departmental protocol.
- Engages appropriately in case management staffing presenting appropriately to represent and support client needs appropriately.
- Utilizes Marimn Health documentation standards and protocols appropriately and timely to ensure communication of progress and plan with other Marimn health care providers.
- Engages case management model appropriately with clients in in-patient or hospital settings.
- Participates as a team member of the Counseling Services Department and attends meetings/committees as designated.
- Participates actively in peer review and audits.
- Maintains current knowledge in ASAM criteria for treatment as well as any other applicable tools identified and utilized in clinical judgment.
- Maintains basic knowledge of mental health issues and diagnosis which are prevalent within the community and client caseload to appropriately coordinate care in dual diagnosis team setting.
- Ability to effectively interact with supervisor, staff and other Tribal Departments.
- Verbal, non-verbal and written communication is professional and appropriate.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement (QI) activities related to client care and is knowledgeable of QI activities related to the departmental goals and objectives.
- Consults with other departments regarding staff development. Develops and facilitates staff workshops.
- Presents workshops for patients in multi-disciplinary programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|