This is a non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian Members of the Wellness Center or Boys and Girls Club. This position assists with the After School, Boys and Girls Club, Rockin The Rez, Boys & Girls Club Summer Day Camp, Youth Council and other Youth program activities and/or events.
High school diploma or GED required. A.A degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Development, or related field preferred. Verifiable progressive training/education in the areas listed above required. A minimum of 5 years of experience working with youth recreation, education or related field required. Verifiable positive, stable work history required. Previous experience in program leadership and staff/volunteer coordination desired. Proficiency with website design/maintenance, computers, software applications such as Microsoft Office and other technical equipment (AV, etc) desired. Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be organized and professional with all community members. Must have experience working with tribal youth. Must plan, organize and implement events and activities year around. Must hold and/or be willing to obtain the following: Food Handlers Certification, Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR certification and Lifeguard certification in the first six months of employment and must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check. Must be willing to cross train in all other departments within Marimn Health Wellness Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently promote a positive, professional image of Marimn Health at all times, and provide consistent high-quality customer service to all Members.
- Assist with daily programming and infusion of Boys & Girls Club curriculum into operations, including developing, organizing, and coordinating daily activities for after school, youth camps, youth council activities, and special events or activities.
- Assist with and communicate: coordinating use of the gym both internally/externally, planning and executing special events.
- Work with all Marimn Health staff to manage and schedule the programming of the Boys & Girls Club in conjunction with other events and activities.
- Correction of work deficiencies assuring adherence to Boys & Girls Club programming, and recommending disciplinary action to the Boys & Girls Club Manager.
- Organize and oversee Club curriculum focused activities targeted to meet: health and wellness, education and leadership, arts and membership and security by utilizing Boys& Girls Club best practices and Playbooks.
- Assist with Boys & Girls Club activities/events to include officiating and coaching sports activities as necessary to ensure effective and safe operations.
- Keep Manager informed, especially in regards to matters of significance that may arise, ensuring overall youth safety.
- Consistently demonstrate positive, effective communication skills and interactions with the Wellness Center Director, employees, members, volunteers, other agencies and organizations.
- Work and direct others to work in a safe manner, in person or per radio communication.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of, and comply with the company’s policies and procedures, including the rules and procedures contained in the Marimn Health Wellness Center Member Handbook and consistently and appropriately enforce them.
- May function as Manager on Duty during Wellness Center/Boys & Girls Club hours.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of, and comply with Boys & Girls Club policies and procedures and consistently and appropriately enforce them.
- Work closely with the Boys & Girls Club Manager to assist with programming, community awareness, marketing, and community relations.
- Responsible for all communications with participants, coaches and volunteers. Assist with community awareness and marketing of the program and special events.
- Make recommendations and secures purchase orders for equipment, supplies and maintenance needs of the program.
- Attend required staff meetings and serves on assigned committees and prepares reports as requested.
- Responsible for chaperoning at Boys & Girls Club events and activities.
- Respond in a timely manner to assignments and communicates with Manager when timelines cannot be met.
- Work as a team member of the Boys & Girls Club and Wellness Center.
- Collaborate with schools and other organizations.
- Develop and organize material for the Boys & Girls Club website and submit requests within organization timeline for marketing.
- ActiveNet data collection/entry/reporting of Memberships, attendance, fee’s and overall Club specific participation.
|Job Category||Full Time|