POSITION: Coeur Center Head Cook: This is a non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian youth/parents.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED required. Must have experience working with individuals from varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Must have or be able to obtain Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR certification, and Food Handler’s Certificate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, ordering, preparing all food/menus for the whole duration of the club.
- Responsible for managing and running a nutrition program for our Boys & Girls Club.
- Responsible for managing a commercial kitchen, including the initial set up and ongoing maintenance.
- Includes planning and ordering of food and providing teaching opportunities to program youth on nutrition and food safety.
- Assists with organizing, ordering, and preparing all menus required for the whole club.
- Responsible for determining the production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, and disciplinary actions to the Boys & Girls Club Manager.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Monitors sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Analyzes recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Checks the quantity and quality of received products.
- Makes recommendations for equipment, supplies and maintenance needs of the program.
- Attends required staff meetings, serves on assigned committees, and prepares reports as requested.
- Demonstrates new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Responds in a timely manner in order to prepare all meals on time.
- Works as a team member of the Boys & Girls Club Program.
- Interest in working with youth and staff on nutrition and cooking clubs as needed.
- Provides expertise on food safety and cooking etiquette.
- Plans and implements monthly menus according to USDA nutrition guidelines including meals that are both nutritious and culturally relevant to Native American students.
- Plans and implements meals that follow Healthy Habits guidelines.
- Is responsible for communicating and enforcing all policies/procedures to all kitchen attendants.
- Is responsible for preparing, washing, and trimming, cutting, cooking, and seasoning food items in compliance with facility’s policies.
- Is responsible for baking, roasting, broiling, and steaming meats, fish, vegetables and other foods.
- Is responsible for testing food being cooked by temperature, taste, smell, observation of piercing to determine doneness.
- Is responsible for correctly adjusting heat controls and timers on stoves, ovens, steam kettles, grills, and fryers to assure quality products.
- Ensures programs and activities are culturally appropriate and that all children and participants are treated with Marimn Health policies and procedures.
- Willing to cross-train and fill-in where needed and appropriate during the Boys & Girls Club.
- Performs all duties that may be necessary in the best interest of the organization.
|Job Category||Full Time|