A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
Bachelor’s degree in clinical analytics, economics, informatics, public health, or related field required. Minimum of two years of experience in quality/data management, analytics and statistics. Knowledge of clinical quality improvement methodology in the field of healthcare preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel programs required. Knowledge of and ability to use an electronic practice management and electronic medical record systems required. Intermediate to advanced SQL skills preferred. Must be highly self-motivated, organized and demonstrate ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Must be able to analyze and draw conclusions from data and present final analyses using available tools, charts, and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of all quality programs that Marimn Health participates in which include AAAHC accreditation, UDS, PCMH, and other payer incentive programs that may develop over time.
• Collects, analyzes and reports on performance measure data, including clinical, operational and patient experience measures. Facilitates improvement activities as needed.
• Integrates work with other staff and areas of Marimn Health’s operation. Ability to help staff clarify their needs and the business need of the report or other deliverable; use business analysis skills to assure full understanding of the needs.
• Utilize the EHR, EDR and Patient Population Analytics products to retrieve, manipulate and analyze data as needed for external reporting, internal requests and/or clinical quality improvement practices.
• Build, edit and analyze spreadsheets within Microsoft Excel. Maintain accurate, up- to- date documentation of all active quality programs. Review data over time to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Work directly with the Quality Improvement Manager to develop and implement clinic programs to improve clinical quality measures and reach internal quality goals.
• Work with the Quality Management team and clinic leaders to run PDSA cycles and effectively document new business process, new protocols or policy changes.
• Continually identify and lead data validation projects with other members of the Quality Management Team to ensure a high level of data integrity within the clinical software systems as it pertains to clinical quality measures.
• Remains current with standards of primary health care practices.
• Seeks information to ensure current knowledge on federal programs, reporting requirement and upcoming healthcare initiatives.
• Proactively look for reporting solutions and enhancements; communicates any issues timely if they arise and presents solutions to the problems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to use down-time productively.
• Uses email services, internet and electronic record systems appropriately.
• Willing to help others when finished with own tasks.
|Job Category||Full Time|