A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High School Diploma or GED/Equivalency required. Must have completed a Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant course with no restrictions. Must have current First-Aid card and Basic Life Support (CPR) certification or obtain upon employment. Must be computer literate with basic word processing skills. Must possess valid driver’s license and conviction free-record for the past three years. Must maintain valid Driver’s License. Demonstration of effective prior experience in a Community Health and/or Outreach setting preferred. Experience with EHR preferred. Must maintain a working phone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works as an extension to the Community Health Nurse(s) in providing outreach services to both Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
• Assists in coordinating transportation services for patients who are eligible according to the company’s transportation policy.
• Assists in conducting and coordinating patient education, seminars, community workshops, and health fairs as assigned.
• Assists patients in scheduling clinic appointments and follow-up services.
• Makes home visits, school consultation, and other inter-agency contacts on behalf of the patient.
• Provides referral and assistance services according to patient need or assignment.
• Provides services appropriately per certification and documents and obtains appropriate level of services to assist in patient care needs (i.e. contacts RN regarding issues and concerns outside the scope of certification).
• Maintains timely and accurate record keeping according to program policy and accounts for all daily activities.
• Assists with special exercise program with the Wellness Center as needed.
• Assists the Community Health Registered Nurse (RN) in providing health monitoring and health education services in the home.
• Performs vital sign measurements.
• Performs diabetic foot exams (visual and sensory).
• Performs diabetic blood testing.
• Performs minimal patient assessments.
• Provides education in use of: walkers, crutches, wheelchairs and canes.
• Monitors established nutritional plan and provides minimal nutritional education.
• Provides information and resources regarding available health programs and policies.
• Provides non-diabetic foot care as needed.
• Serves as backup for Transportation department.
• Physically able and willing to assist elderly clients with ambulation, including loading and unloading of wheel/chair bound patients.
• Abides by Marimn Health Transportation and Vehicle Use policies.
• Assists with vehicle cleaning and upkeep.
• Provide pleasant, supportive companionship to client.
• Provide light housekeeping
• Provide assistance with ADLs.
• Provide shopping service for groceries and other items such as clothing or cleaning products.
• Assist client with exercises, physical and/or mental.
• Provide medication reminders.
• Complete activity log for each client at each visit
• Report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior, or appearance to Community Health Nurse or Manager.
• Personalize services based on the individual needs assessment for the client.
• Attends job related training and staff meetings as assigned.
• Assists with back up reception responsibilities as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|