A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele in a primary care clinic and as lead RN for a mobile medical unit.
High school diploma or G.E.D./Equivalency required. Current RN Licensure in the State of Idaho is required. BSN preferred. Two years of relevant experience in community based primary care required. EHR experience required. Typing skills of at least 35 wpm preferred. Current BLS and ACLS required or willingness to obtain within (6) months of hire. Must complete defensive driving course within 3 months of employment; must possess valid driver’s license and violation free driving record for the past three years.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The positions identified as created for this purpose are temporary, however, Marimn Health will attempt to place individuals hired into these roles into other positions with Marimn Health once the need for the COVID Team has expired. Any current employees of Marimn Health that transfer into COVID Team positions will have the opportunity to move back into their original or a comparable position once the need for the COVID Team has expired. Anyone not meeting performance standards on the COVID Team will not be eligible for this reassignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as Team Leader for the mobile unit.
• Ensures mobile unit equipment is maintained and in good working order.
• Responsible for the training of mobile unit clinical staff.
• Ensures competency of mobile unit staff to operate equipment within their scope of practice.
• Develops policies and procedures for the provision of safe and high quality care within the mobile unit.
• Assists mobile unit providers with patient care.
• Assists clinicians with procedures, such as minor surgical procedures, and prepares the exam room and instruments for these procedures. Ensures informed consent is obtained.
• Performs procedures that are within appropriate scope of practice (for example, tympanography, audiometry, spirometry, administration of medications, and vaccinations, venipuncture (blood draws), performing EKG’s, performing vision screening, dressing changes and suture removals.)
• Ensures laboratory specimens are collected and processed appropriately.
• Ensures diagnostic point of care tests are conducted and processed accurately.
• Maintains accurate, complete, timely and professional documentation in health records. Documentation of all patient contacts required; including but not limited to telephone call, nursing visits and/or any significant changes for provider to review.
• Promotes healthcare outcomes with currently accepted clinical practice guideline. Provides patient education, advice and information on health assessment, disease processes, medications and treatment. Documents education and advice provided in the EHR.
• Develops self-management goals in collaboration with the patient and provider. Conducts follow up on progress toward meeting goals. Documents goals and follow up in the EHR.
• Practices Standard Precautions, Infection Control and Safety Measures.
• Ensure mobile unit and equipment is cleaned and sanitized per clinic protocols.
• Communicates situations of potential legal risk at time of occurrence through appropriate chain of command process.
• Coordinates and collaborates with other caregivers for productive problem solving.
• Works as clinical RN as assigned when mobile unit is not in use.
• Demonstrates ability to critique own practice for error and pursues corrective action.
• Keeps informed by reading memos, emails and bulletin boards and seeking out assistance of others.
• Accepts constructive feedback about performance or behavior and initiates corrective action.
• Takes ownership of issues. Participates in projects and follows through to completion.
• Pursues education activities to maintain or enhance a current level of knowledge and competency and documents appropriately.
• Positively adjusts to health care environment and changes.
• Adheres to Personnel policies.
• Demonstrates priority setting ability and organizational skills by timely completion of assigned tasks, maintaining clean and orderly work area.
• Uses supplies, labor and equipment wisely.
• Limits personal phone calls/ cell phone use in the clinical area.
• Performs other duties or special projects as requested.
• Attends job related training and meetings as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|