A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Strong swimming and physical fitness skills. Must have the following current certification: American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates, BSA) and Lifeguard Instructor certification. If the applicant does not hold a Lifeguard Instructor certification, one must be obtained within the first six month of hire. This position will be involved in teaching classes and/or lessons. Must be able to pass lifeguard skills test as a part of the selection process. Lifeguards currently employed by Marimn Health/ Wellness Center may be exempt from this requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficient and confident when using rescue or safety equipment. Wears lifeguard uniform, fanny packs and carries rescue tube at all times.
- Ensures pool and Wellness Center policies are being followed and enforces these when needed, being consistent and fair at all times.
- Be a role model to all patrons, especially our youth.
- Courteously assists members with questions or problems, providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Knows and promotes aquatic programs to all students and members.
- Knows daily schedules.
- Completes administration tasks such as, but not limited to, returning phone messages, maintaining records and reports, including chemical testing, waist bag, whistle, incidents reports and facility usage, in a thorough and timely manner.
- Attends facility staff meetings as required, serves on assigned committees and prepares reports as requested.
- Follows procedures for scheduling. The employee communicates changes and fulfills responsibility in shift coverage.
- Instructs all ages and levels in any area of Aquatic exercise or other WC departments. Designs instructional programs and demonstrate proper techniques and styling to all levels of participants.
- Completes cleaning assignments; follows written procedures for any bodily fluid discharge.
- Performs daily chemical tests (3 times daily), troubleshoots chemical problems when needed and adds briquettes when needed.
- Reports any unsolvable problems to the supervisor immediately.
- Follows the 10-10-10 rule (10 minutes standing, walking, and sitting), when patrons are in the water or on deck, maintaining visual contact at all times.
- Keeps deck areas clear.
- Responds immediately in an emergency to prevent further or more serious situations.
- Organizes Lifeguard certifications.
- Organizes all other Red Cross certifications.
- Makes sure the classes run properly.
- Organizes in-house Lifeguard training.
- Responsible to know and follow all Marimn Health policies and procedures and especially those with regards to the pool. (i.e. opening & closing procedures).
- Responds to assignments in a timely manner and communicates with the supervisor when timelines cannot be met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Fill In (On-Call)|