The position requires at least five years of certifiable experience in one or more of the following, Electrical (480v, 208v, 277v, 240v, 120v, 3 phase single phase and low voltage controls) HVAC ( chillers, air handlers, heat pumps) Plumbing / Pipe Fitting (including medical gas, propane), Boilers ( both steam and hot water, electric and propane fired), Carpentry. Have the ability to conduct routine repairs, and able to use equipment and tools utilized in maintenance and renovation activities. The position requires flexibility in working hours (on call and including weekends when necessary) and a willingness to carry out all needed maintenance duties in a consistent and ongoing manner. Health care experience a plus. Knowledge and competency is required in plumbing, electrical and carpentry trade to perform preventive and on-demand maintenance of buildings, building systems, equipment, vehicles, grounds, and utilities. Ability to monitor and adjust control systems a must. Able to read blue prints and electrical plans. Certified competencies preferred. Familiarity in pool operations and a “Certified Pool Operators” Certification required or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire. Understanding of safety management practices required. Experience in data and voice lines a plus. Ability to use computer programs. Have knowledge of safety and infection control. A valid driver’s license is required. Assist with housekeeping when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Able to take an independent role in assigned tasks. Identifies deficiencies and is motivated to accomplish what is necessary. Can work with a minimum of supervision. Is customer service oriented and an effective team member, thorough, finishes tasks, and pays attention to and understands and follows infection control and personal protective equipment requirements. Communicates well with subordinates, co-workers and supervisors.
• Works with supervisor effectively when deadlines or work tasks will not be met.
• Communicates effectively to calls for assistance by Marimn Health staff. Accomplishes work with minimal disruption to Marimn Health services and customers.
• Effectively protects and maintains floors, wood, linoleum and tile.
• Uses equipment in a safety and proper manner.
• Accomplishes maintenance tasks as assigned.
• Accomplishes necessary paperwork as assigned.
• Follows policy and procedure rules including dress code.
• Follows checklists and schedules.
• Assists with preventive maintenance routines, special responsibility tasks and inventory.
• Willing to help wherever necessary and communicates when routine work is affected.
• Completes work routines with a quality and completion review of at least 90%.
• Responds to work assignments in a professional and timely manner.
• Responsibly follows proper cleaning techniques and chemical usage at 100%.
• Maintains a customer service attitude with external and internal complaints not exceeding 6 per year.
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance 100% of the time in accordance with Marimn Health personnel and departmental policy.
• Follows work duty hours and break times 100% of the time with clear communication to the Facility Manager of any changes.
• Completes all job related training and demonstrates 100% competency in its implementation within established time lines.
• Work must be scheduled and conducted in a manner which causes the least possible disturbance to patients and to provide maximum cooperation with other departments
• Work will be reviewed by spot check, discussion and risk assessment reviews.
• Person must follow all safety, infection control and personal protective equipment requirements. All procedural standards must be followed to assure that a safe environment is maintained, machine capacities are not exceeded and that tools are properly and safely used. The use of chemical products must follow protocol including labeling, usage, storage and cleanup.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|