Associates degree in nursing required; Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. Valid and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Idaho required. Three years experience in the areas of maternal and child health required. Valid driver’s license without restriction required to transport and complete home visits with patients as required. Current CPR/ First Aid certification required. CPR Instructor certification required within one year of employment. Prior experience with: diabetic foot care, CPR instruction, mandatory state reporting and/or Women, Infants and Children program preferred. International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) preferred. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, implements and evaluates Childbirth Education Classes offered on a quarterly basis.
• Contacts individual patients receiving prenatal services through Marimn Health and offers services as described.
• Accepts Community Health Referrals for Maternal/Child Nursing services from the Medical and Nursing staff in the ambulatory care setting.
• Acts as a resource to other tribal entities working with mothers and children, i.e. ICW, Youth Shelter, etc.
• Serves on the Health Advisory Committee for the CdA Tribe Early Childhood Learning Center.
• Provides Lactation consultation and education to Marimn Health/Wellness Center patients, WIC clients, and staff.
• Maintains positive relationships and partnerships with local agencies and committees related to maternal and child health through professional interaction and representation of the company.
• Provides training to staff and community regarding current maternal and child health issues on a quarterly basis.
• Collaborates with other tribal and community agencies (i.e. schools, health providers and others) to serve the high risk and target population.
• Assists with education and screening (i.e. head lice checks, etc) within local schools, day care, Early Childhood Learning Center.
• Develops criteria and assessment tools based on company objectives and initiatives as they relate to maternal child health.
• Develops and maintains nursing protocols for management of high-risk pregnancy conditions.
• Works closely with Women, Infants, Children (WIC) as well as other applicable local, state, regional and federal programs available to patient.
• Prepares and maintains appropriate records including consistent and appropriate charting within electronic health record.
• Provides case management to a caseload of complex high risk maternal child health families and serves as a resource and advocate for adherence and compliance to treatment and care plans.
• Provides CPR Instruction and certifies CPR class participants appropriately within the community and in accordance to regulations and company course scheduling.
• Implements childhood immunization program that includes IRIS reporting, tracking reportable data and recalls/scheduling for Well Child Visits.
• Assesses the physical, psychosocial, and environmental status of families and individuals; and makes appropriate recommendations and considerations on the basis of those assessments.
• Provides effective education to internal staff members who are part of the care team to assist in the development of above skills.
• Effectively and appropriately provides instruction in group and individual settings related to maternal and child health issues.
• Evaluates maternal and child health program offerings and collaboratives with members of care team regarding revisions and adjustments to program.
• Knowledge of maternal-child health principles, practices, procedures, and service provision in a home setting.
• Knowledge of the effect of drugs and biologicals in the treatment of disease, as well as the effects on pregnancy and lactation.
• Responsible for Emerge Program and works directly with BH Therapists and MAT Program to help facilitate care plans for mothers and babies.
• Develops agendas for weekly meeting in collaboration with BH Therapist, and facilitates weekly speakers/activities for groups.
• Serves as case manager for Emerge participants and helps remove barriers to treatment that may include transportation and childcare.
• Keeps track of incentive program for Emerge clients and selects and orders incentive items when appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|