A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High school diploma or GED required. Availability to work as scheduled on clinic days. Consistent work history indicating exemplary attendance, excellent customer service and the ability to work positively and efficiently with both the public and in a team oriented environment required. Cashiering experience required. Physician/Dental/Optical/Chiropractic scheduling within NextGen Electronic Practice Management experience preferred. Keyboarding, computer, and 10-key experience required. Medical/Dental/Optical/Chiropractic Terminology preferred. Excellent verbal and written skills required. Previous experience providing excellent customer service both on the phone and in person while managing stressors without projecting on the patient or team members required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of excellent customer service to ensure that each person, internally and externally, is greeted professionally with each and every interaction.
- Orients new patients to Marimn Health and provides an introduction to services and programs available.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for patients. Appropriately manages patient’s questions, concerns,0 or issues. Able to direct patients to the appropriate resource within the organization.
- Registers new patients into NextGen (EPM) and Pharmacy Software following approved protocol and procedures. Advises patient of payment responsibilities and billing protocols appropriate for each patient.
- Pre-screens patients for Purchased and Referred Care and Sliding Fee eligibility. Advises patients of discount and payment options.
- Responsible for collection and maintenance of: demographic information; eligibility information; Patient Privacy notices; income information and other information assigned as it relates to funding sources (i.e. UDS, third party payers, etc.)
- Appropriately schedules patient appointments using the company’s systems and standard solicitation of reason for visit; Primary Care Provider (PCP); appropriate identification of patient using name and date of birth. Ensures scheduled appointments are within guidelines of appointments for medical, dental, BH visits and variances are communicated to the appropriate team.
- Initiates patient visit and ensures check-in procedures are competed efficiently and appropriately to create the encounter and initiate the billing of charges. Verifies patient demographics, assigns appropriate rendering provider; attaches correct and updated insurance to the encounter.
- Notifies health care provider (i.e. nursing, medical, dental, behavioral health) regarding late arrivals, no-shows, and cancellations in order to optimize provider time.
- Completes appointment reminder calls for medical patient appointments at least one business day prior to appointment. Reminds patients of appointment date, time, and provider and informs them of expected payment due at time of service.
- Works collaboratively with revenue staff to effectively manage and collect revenue related to patient encounters. Responsible for collection, recording, and securing payment and preparation and issuance of receipt for payment.
- Assists patients with alternate resources by providing contact information and/or introduction to the organization’s Outreach and Enrollment Team responsible for assisting patients with evaluation of alternate resources.
- Works collaboratively as part of the reception pool, gaining the skills required to work in various reception areas to best facilitate patient and staffing needs.
- Handles patient calls thoroughly and appropriately, exhausting all resources to assist before transferring.
- Able to manage self and not project stress onto patients or fellow team members.
|Job Category||Full Time|