A non-exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
High School Diploma or GED/Equivalency required. Must have completed a patient transferring course or equivalent level healthcare training with no restrictions, or be able to complete course within 6 months of hire; must have current American Red Cross First-Aid card and Basic Life Support (CPR) certification or obtain within 3 months of employment. Must complete defensive driving course within 3 months of employment. Must demonstrate strong skills with written communication including use of Word and Excel. Proper and professional telephone etiquette is required. Demonstrated success in providing exceptional customer service required. Must possess valid driver’s license as well as possess a violation free driving record for the past three years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates transportation services for Reentry and MAT clients who are eligible according to the department’s policy. Transports other Marimn Health patients as needed.
- Works with Marimn programs to provide outreach services to both Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
- Maintains timely and accurate record keeping according to program policy and accounts for all daily activities.
- Physically able and willing to assist elderly clients with ambulation, including loading and unloading of wheel/chair bound patients.
- Able to navigate safely in urban traffic and locate referral facilities.
- Transportation of clients to program-related appointments on a scheduled basis.
- Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicle assuring proper working order.
- Operation of the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner with regard to traffic safety regulations and comfort of passengers.
- Maintains inventory of vehicle supplies and equipment.
- Advises supervisor of road hazards and inclement weather conditions for consideration of temporary cancellation of transportation services.
- Completes and maintains required records, reports and reimbursement billings as needed.
- Ensures servicing of vehicles is completed when required.
- Available for potential long, off-hours transportation i.e. picking up clients from in-patient treatment out of the area. These trips are infrequent and may result in overtime hours.
- Assists patients in scheduling various appointments and follow-up services.
- Performs typing, filing, answering telephone, composes routine correspondence, and operates office equipment.
- Maintains general files as needed.
- Uses phone for patient services. Limits personal phone calls.
- Keeps appropriate client documentation when necessary.
- Provides client/patient reminder calls prior to appointment of upcoming appointment to minimize the no show rate.
- Provides referral and assistance services according to patient need or assignment.
- Schedules, receives and directs clients and visitors to the appropriate areas representing department in a positive manner
- Attends job related training and staff meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Full Time|