COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call Marimn Health immediately to determine whether you should be seen by a doctor at the clinic or referred elsewhere.
We know many in our community are concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our region. The very most important thing you can do for yourself and for your families right now is:
Do not panic and do your best not to spread germs.
While there is no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, there are things you can do to reduce the likelihood of catching it:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Clean and disinfect everything using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or any other cold or respiratory virus, wear a face mask to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
This situation is changing rapidly but rest assured, our team at Marimn Health has been in close contact with the Coeur d’Alene Tribal Council, key Tribal Headquarters department directors, the Benewah Market, the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel, as well as public health authorities and local, regional, state, and federal agencies to review the most recent developments and to assess the preparedness of our community.
For more information about the planning and activities of the Emergency Operations Committee at Marimn Health: